I always wanted to be a mother, a nurturing soul at heart, I grew up taking care of others before taking care of myself. This is our story of love and loss.

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

2010 was a tough year for us. If someone were to look at our life in the past year and describe it to you, they would probably say that it was tragic and sad. In 2009, we were given the gift of twins and in 2010 the same gift that had given us so much joy was tragically taken away from us. Every milestone and holiday was a difficult one because we had in visioned 2 little girls joining us in the journey of life. It was a hard year for us, and even though it was tragic and sad, it was also a beautiful year. In 2010,

  • we delivered 2 beautiful angels who will forever live in our hearts and many other peoples hearts and who have changed our lives forever.
  • we celebrated life.
  • we realized that we will never take the miracle of life for granted.
  • we realized how badly we wanted to be parents.
  • we realized how strongly bonded as a couple we are.
  • we realized how much support we have from family and friends.
  • we realized how much we are are loved.
In 2010, I have learned how everything happens for a reason. Dave and I have grown closer as a couple than I ever thought possible. Don't get me wrong, we still have our ups and downs as every couple has, but I know he will always be there for me, to support me through it all. I don't know if I would have known that without this year. I feel like we are grown ups now. That this year, 2010, was the year that made us realize the importance of family, friends and life. Before this year, we were just playing house, pretending we were grown ups, going through the motions. After this year, I know, because of our loss, that we are actually grown ups because we know the importance life, friends and families and the importance of holidays and traditions. I don't know where we would be without this year, but I am very happy to say goodbye to it.

So on to 2011. A year that will bring a new journey in our lives. Who knows what it will bring because nothing in life is definite.

No comments:

Post a Comment